PLASMA CUTTING MACHINES RETROFIT
An Economically Advantageous Choice
Owners of thermal break systems who are about to 'replace' their system with a new one.
Cutting machines that use Plasma technology have a limited life cycle, very often less than 10 years. This unusual characteristic for a machine tool is due to the type of cutting technology, environmental conditions and various other factors.
The reasons for which the system is replaced are mainly caused by some previous defects, or by some defects acquired over time. For example:
- The quality level of the cut has never been comparable to the samples presented by the manufacturer at the time of purchase
- The cycle time of the machine is too high (especially in the cutting start part)
- The machine slows down excessively
- The life cycle of consumables is too low
- The use of the machine is complex especially in the part of cutting recovery
- Sometimes the machine "picks up a disturbance" and stops (sometimes ruining the material), sometimes the numerical control "stalls" and the system must be switched off and restarted
- The machine is not as precise as when it was new
- The cost of ordinary maintenance of the machine has become unsustainable, too many interventions during the year and the cost of spare parts skyrocketed
- Performance not up to the current machines
- Fast machine speeds are not comparable to current machines
- Some machines on the market have a numerical control that allows easier use
- The CAD / CAM system is cumbersome to use and does not easily allow you to do some work
This type of intervention is advisable when the level of aging of the system is such as to recommend an almost total replacement of the heart of the system. In particular we will replace:
- The electrical panel and the spinning of the machine
- The motors with latest generation brushless motors and digital drives on Ethercat® fieldbus
- The control part of the system with the numerical control
- Interfacing with the Plasma generator.
It is carried out if the system is built with current materials and the reason for the retrofit is due to the usability of the machine itself or to sub-optimal work cycles. In this case it will be sufficient to replace only the numerical control to solve all the problems.
- Replacement of Z axis with new mechanics
- Mechanical overhaul (cleaning, greasing, belt / sprocket replacement)
- Mechanical revision with gearbox replacement